The DMT Settlements Software computes the one-dimensional conventional settlements calculation below uniformly loaded surface areas of flexible loads using the DMT results.
The software is designed to import from .UNI files the constrained modulus of the soil and the vertical effective stress from a DMT test. To perform a settlements calculation, the following input must be given:
- Loaded Area: defines the load in terms of weight and geometry. Currently only one isolated load area may be set, in future versions of this software also a multiple loaded area will be available.
- Soil Parameters: define the soil in terms of modulus and vertical effective stress.
- Calculation Options: define specific parameters and criteria used in the calculation.
- Vertical stress increments are evaluated according to the Boussinesq theory of elasticity for homogeneous elastic half space.
The software automatically generates a word document composed by three sections:
- Summary page with input and main results: is a one page summary of the input data (load area, soil parameters and calculation options) and of the main results (total settlement below each calculation point).
- Graphs: is a section containing the graphs described in section Graphs Page of this manual. The word report will contain a graph for each calculation point item that is checked in the frame.
- Tables: is a section containing the settlement calculation results described in section Tables Page of this manual.